Real Hora Varga
Parashara instructs us to see wealth and prosperity from Hora, होरायां संपदादिकं. But have you ever used Hora to predict wealth and prosperity. I am sure that you haven’t because predicting anything from a chart where planets are only situation in two sign’s [Cancer and Leo], Is really very difficult, if not impossible. If it so then sage must have given some special rules for judging wealth from Hora. He haven’t did anything like this. Then how are we to use this divisional chart.
The problem is our calculation of Hora chakra, It is calculated in wrong ways. Pandit Ramyatna Ojha in his book Falit Vikas have underlined this point and have also given real metho-d of calculating Hora chart, this is also supported by Vriddha Karikas which are used extensively in interpretation of terse sutras of Jaimini. The same divisional chart known as Pravritti-Dwaya Hora is also suggested by sage Parashara. See the shloka
तत्क्षेत्र तस्य खेटस्य रशेर्यो यस्य नायकः !
सूर्येन्दोविषमे राशौ समे ताद्विपिरीत्कम् !!
पितरश्चचन्द्रहोरेशा देवाः सूर्यस्य कीर्तिता!
राषेर्ध भवेदहोरा ताश्चुविर्शतिः स्मृता!!
मेषादि तासां होरणां प्रव्रित्तिद्वयम् भवेत्!!
Literal translation:- Planets have ownership over their Rashi. [This shloka also makes us clear that there is nothing called Chalit-Chakra in vedic astrology, as it is uses the word तत्क्षेत्र तस्य खेटस्य which means houses of planets are their Rashis, which means that Rashi and bhava is inseparable] Sun and Moon are lord in odd signs and in even signs it is opposite [means in even sign hora is first ruled by moon and second by Sun] Manes are lords Moon hora [Part of Hora ruled by Moon] and gods are ruler of Sun’s hora. Half of a Rashi is a Hora, it makes total 24 Horas. Aries etc sings repeat twice in Hora.
Explanation:- Planets own their Rashi, this statement is for Rashi chakra. Now further it is said that first Hora in male sign is ruled by Sun/Gods and second by Moon/Manes and hora in female sign are ruled by Moon/Manes and Sun/Gods respectively. There are total of 24 Horas [12*2=24], Where Aries etc sings repeat twice. This is to mean that Horas are of twelve sings starting from Aries but in a collective way their rulership is given to Sun and Moon in the order explained above and also to Gods and Manes. The same interpretation is supported by Pandit Ramyatna Ojha and Vriddha Karikas.
See the following table for calculation of Hora chart.
This is otherwise known as Pravritti-Dwaya Hora chart. This fulfills two criteria given by sage. 1 – There are 24 Horas, 2. Aries etc signs repeat twice. Here one must note that Aries-Cancer-Leo-Scorpio-Sagittarius and Pisces is ruled by Sun/Gods and Taurus-Gemini-Virgo-Libra-Capricorn and Aquarius is ruled by Moon/Manes. We have learnt that there are two clans of planets one is Sun’s clan having Sun-Moon-Mars and Jupiter and another is Saturn’s clan having Saturn-Venus and Mercury. Here we see Hora of planets in Sun’s clan is ruled by Sun or Gods and hora of planets in Moon’s clan are ruled by Moon or Manes. This clarifies different things such as why Rashis are divided in such a manner, why Rashi’s are placed in such sequence one after another. This correlation suggests us that the interpretation adopted by us is the real method to calculate Hora chart.
Principles of Interpretation
Special principles of judging divisional charts are given in वर्गविवेकाअध्याय of बृहतपराशरहोराशास्त्र! We see some of these special principles closely here.
- Jupiter, Sun, Mars give effect of Sun’s Hora. Moon, Venus, Saturn give effect of Moon’s Hora, Mercury gives effect of Both Hora’s. This is a clear indication for us that planets Jupiter, Sun and Mars gives money when they are in Rashis of Sun, Moon, Mars and Jupiter in D2 chart whereas Saturn, Venus and Moon gives wealth when they are in Rashis of Mercury, Saturn and Venus in Hora Chakra, Mercury gives effect in all Hora depending on his Yogas in Hora Chart.
- Special effects of Moon hora is in even signs and special effects of Sun Hora is in odd signs. Let we understand this with an example, See chart of Steve Jobs, Lagnesh Sun is in Aquarius in Rashi and Sagittarius in Hora. This puts Lagnesh [Native himself] under the special condition given by sage, We know his financial condition. Like this we need to decide, this shows importance of right interpretation and judgement.
- Sage further adds that in middle of Hora effects are greater as compared to end of Hora. Here he instructs us to divide 15 degrees of a Hora into three parts of 5 Degrees each. Planets under above condition  In 0-5 Degrees and 10-15 Degrees gives moderate wealth whereas planets under above condition  if also falls between 5-10 degrees it gives much wealth/special money. See example of Bill Gates, Lagna Lord Mercury in Virgo 23 Degrees it gives him Pisces Hora. Mercury is best in Both Hora’s hence he is an exception [That’s why people born in mercurial lagna are more prone to riches] He is in even sign in D1 and Sun Hora in D2 but is of 23 Degrees which makes middle degrees [15-20, 20-25, 25-30] making him rich.
- Before chapter on Divisional Chart interpretation, Sage parashara haven’t told anything about houses or their names but in this chapter on divisional charts he instructs name of all the bhavas and adds a comment that “This I have told in short, understand more than this as per your own discretion”. Now read this once again with focused mind, doesn’t it imply that all divisional charts are expansion of Bhava’s. If divisional charts are expansion of Bhava then all the Yoga’s arising from a Bhava or Bhavesha can also be seen in divisional charts.
- Further in next shloka sage have said that judge 9-10-11 Houses from Sun, 4-2-11-9 from Moon, 3rd from Mars, 6th from Mercury, 5th from Jupiter, 7th from Venus and 8th from Saturn for the same matters which are signified by those Bhava’s and also judge the same Bhava’s from lord of those signs. This further implies that these principles are to be used in divisional charts only [for better results]. So in Hora Chakra we need to see 2nd from Moon and 2nd lord of Rashi and Hora chakra, 11th from Sun, Moon and Lord of 11th from Hora and Rashi chakra. Also we need to see 5th house from 5th lord of Rashi and Hora and 9th from Sun and 9th lord of Rashi and Hora because Parashara have said 2nd and 11th are money houses and 5th and 9th are special money houses, Hence special emphasis have to be given on them.
- We also need to see strength and condition of 2nd and 11th lord of Rashi and Hora chakra in D2 to know about wealth and income of a native and all other money Yoga’s.
- Also one needs to judge wealth from 11th of Arudha Lagna,and Argalas on Arudha Lagna and 7th from Arudha Lagna but this being a completely Jaimini Principle I am not elaborating it here.
विशेशधनयोगाअध्याय [Special Money giving combinations chapter of BPHS]
Sage says now I am telling you special combinations under which if one is born then he definitely becomes rich. Carefully reading all these combinations we see that sage have emphasized on one point that 5th and 11th house both must have planets in their own sign for one to become definitely rich. However only if one of these houses [5/11] Have a planet in his own sign then also one becomes rich. We call it Special Dhana Yoga. See the list given below.
|Rashi+Lord in 5th||Planet in 11th|
|Ta/Li + Ve||Ma|
|Ge/Vi + Me||Mo, Ma, Ju|
|Le + Su||Sa, Mo, Ju|
|Cp/Aq + Sa||Su, Mo|
|Pi/Sg + Ju||Me|
|Ar/Sc + Ma||Ve|
|Cn + Mo||Sa|
Other seven Dhana Yogas – In the same chapter after this 5th and 11th houses Dhanayoga sage gives other seven Dhana Yogas which occurs when Lagnesha is in Lagna and other planets make connection with lagna. We call it Seven Dhana Yoga. See table given below.
|Rashi+Lord in Lagna||Aspecting/Conjoining Planet|
|Leo + Sun||Mars, Jupiter|
|Cancer + Moon||Mercury, Jupiter|
|Aries/Scorpio + Mars||Mercury, Venus, Saturn|
|Gemini/Virgo + Mercury||Saturn, Jupiter|
|Sagittarius/Pisces + Jupiter||Mercury, Mars|
|Taurus/Libra + Venus||Saturn, Mercury|
|Aquarius/Capricorn + Saturn||Jupiter, Mars|
These two prime yogas given above needs to be seen in Rashi as well as in Hora Chakra to assess about one’s financial success in life.
Further Parashara says – 9th and 5th lord’s are specially money giving planets and other planets making connection with them also gives money [See this connection in D2]. In these Yogas according to nature of planets one must decide money will come from good or bad sources and for strength one needs to decide one will have much or less money.
Having read this much about Dhana Yogas, Let we now test these principles on birth charts and see if they are working or not.
Bill Gates [28-10-1955; 21:10:00; Seattle-Washington-USA]
In chart of Bill gates in Rashi 5th lord is in 5th house but 11th lord isn’t. This makes one sided yoga which still promises money. See 5th lord with two other planets which promises money. Now let we analyse his Hora for real promise of money.
Lagnesh is Mercury which is in Virgo in Rashi and Pisces in Hora, Jaimini says both exalted and debilitated planets gives plenty of wealth. It is in 23 Degrees which indicates money [See point 3 above]. Now this Mercury is with Mars. Here we see brilliancy of Parashara and literal interpretation of Shlokas. In 5th-11th Dhana yoga list it is said that when Mercury is in 5th house in his own sign and Mars is in 11th in Jupiterian making mutual aspect with Mercury it gives plenty of wealth for sure. See special dhana yoga then see his D2 Mars with Mercury in Jupiterian sign. How we came to Jupiterian sign because when Mercury is in 5th in his own house then Mars in 11th can only be in jupiterian sign. This is how we make special rules for judgement of division charts. See further this Yoga falls in 2nd from Moon who is also 2nd lord Rashi chart which means this Yoga falls in 2nd from Moon and 2nd from 2nd lord of Rashi. This also happens with 11th lord of Lagna and in 11th from 2nd lord of D2 and 2nd from 11th lord of D2. These striking coincidences are enough to make him one of the richest persons of this world.
Example can be expanded as much as possible we have left many points. Like for example see 11th from Sun it is Moon in Aquarius, about moon in Aquarius see Special Dhana Yoga and find that it is a money giving combination. Our only purpose is to show the validity of divisional charts and their importance in judgement and predictions hence we will keep examples short and will only underline few combinations. Others are to be tried by readers themselves.
Steve Jobs [24-02-1955; 19:15; San Francisco-California-USA]
We see no clear yogas in D1 but let we move to D2. Always first checkpoint in Lagna Lord as he indicates about native himself. If he doesn’t promise anything in divisional chart then nothing can be had. Lagnesha is Sun we have analyzed his displacement from D1 to D2 in point 2 above. Now see his combinations. Sun is in Jupiterian sign [Sagittarius] See special dhana yogas. It says if Sun is in 5th house in Leo and anyone between Jupiter, Moon and Saturn be in 11th house then one is definitely rich. We expand it to mean that if Sun is lord of Lagna and in D2 he is in sign of Jupiter, Moon or Saturn then one is rich. Also do the same with 5th lord Jupiter, he is in Mercurian sign again see special dhana yogas. When Jupiter is in 5th in his own sign and Mercury be in 11th house, expand the yoga to see Jupiter in Mercury’s sign in D2 making him rich. Also in Seven special Dhana yoga it is said that when Sun is lord of Lagna in Lagna and lagna is aspected or conjoined by Mars or Jupiter then one is rich, expanding this yoga also says us that Sun in Martian or Jupiterian sign in D2 is money giving. We can make a ready reference list like this for easily marking these yogas [Not given here] but mind strength of planet, if weak then promises no money. But there are many methods of assessing strength which are we to use Shadbala, Ashtakavargabala, Vaisheshikamsabala or what? This is not being taught here but will be covered extensively under the course “Varg Viveka” which is to be taught by me from March 2018. Now see this same Sun in Sagittarius is in 11th from Moon and 2nd from 2nd lord of Rashi chart. How beautifully the combination works.
I can give numerous examples but for want of space I am not adding more examples to the article. These two examples are sufficient to make it clear that when astrological Shlokas are clearly understood and intelligently interpreted and decoded they give us finest principles of judgement and predictions through birth chart. Our great sages covered each and every aspect of human life and decoded it for prognostication, we just need to read them seriously and interpret them liberally. Complete understanding of Shlokas and intelligent use of principles contained therein can give amazing insights into a Birth Chart.
The world of divisional charts is very vast, their are many secrets. Many straight instructions of their judgement and many hidden hints of their interpretation. This is shrouded in confusions due to lack of clear understanding of principles. But our duty is to share our understanding to keep the candle of knowledge burning, as George Bernard Shaw once said “Life is no brief candle for me, It is a torch in my hands. Whose light I want to spread as far as possible before handling it into hands of younger generations”.
To keep the chain of knowledge running I am going to teach an extensive course on Divisional charts. Which will indicate everything of divisional charts right from their calculations to their interpretation, secret usage and their different techniques from both traditions of Parashara and Jaimini. So hurry up for your admission in the course named “Varga Viveka” which is going to commence from March 2018. It will only be taught once by me from next time old students of mine will teach if they wish. Link for admissions is here . Hurry Up.